Background

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kitchen Scavenger Hunt at ESN

It's almost time for Thanksgiving and then Christmas is just around the corner.  Such a great time of year spending time with loved ones and friends.  For some of us, the kitchen is the heart of the home.  Any successful holiday gathering starts in the kitchen.  Whether you are getting ready for that dinner party for friends,  the holiday meal for family or baking cookies with your kids and grandchidlren, the kitchen is where a lot of wonderful memories are born.  Our ESN scavenger hunt this week involves the kitchen.  So, let's get started and prepare for the Holidays!       

This Pie Plate and Cover offered by Bargain Express is just too cool.  Show off the pumpkin pie in style!  These always look so pretty sitting on a buffet.




And, you all know how we have to set up card tables for extra eating areas.  Here is a pretty Franciscan gravy boat - not only great for turkey gravy but you could also use it as a serving dish for just about anything and the spout would be a great spoon rest.  Check out Hazel's Hodgepodge for this and other great items. 

And of course you will need an apron to protect your holiday clothing.  Here is a Pumpkin Pie apron embroidered by Embroidery Fashions Boutique.  I bet you can find other cute aprons for your grandkids to wear while they are helping you bake all those goodies.  Oh, I think licking the spoon counts as helping!  

Look at this pretty Apple Candy Dish from Cleo's Collectables.  This dish could be used for a multitude of great dishes.  Don't forget homemade fudge, peanut brittle and divinity. 
I loved watching my grandmother cook and bake.  She always wore an apron and I always got to lick the spoon! 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!   

3 comments:

  1. Wasn't licking the spoon the "bestest" part of helping to cook or bake? (Don't tell anyone, but I still like to lick the spoon--just before putting it in the dishwater, of course.)
    Thank you for being so creative and including my gravy dish. Great job on the scavenger hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection of items CBL! I wish I could make a pie that looked like that. Heck, I wish I could make any pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colors in this blog - very easy to read! Nice selections too! (you beat me to the apron and that neat strawberry pie cover - well back to the hunt)

    ReplyDelete