Background

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scavenger Hunt for Vintage!

At ESN this week, the Scavenger Hunt is for vintage items from the photos of ESN sellers.  We all love vintage items here on ESN and there are plenty to choose from.  While there may be a few youngins' in our group, most of us remember using these vintage items or having them around when we were only knee high to a grasshopper.

First I found this wonderful Western Cowgirl Vinyl Wall Art for your bathroom.  While it is not vintage, it does depict a vintage scene with the claw foot bathtub.  We had claw foot bathtubs when I was a child.  Use to hate cleaning the floor underneath them.  But, I sure like the look of them now.  Plus it reminds me that my brother and I use to play cowboys and Indians all the time.  We had so much fun when I was little!  You can find this and other great vinyl wall art at T-Storms Graphics.

Next, I found this beautiful vintage Grant Thomas Hawaiian shirt from Eccentric Thrifter.  She has so many beautiful vintage Hawaiian shirts to choose from, but I really like the vintage yellow gold color of this one.  Just add a panama hat (cigar is optional) and he will definitely be the coolest cat around.

And lastly, from the 1930s (ah, this is before my time), a gasoline iron.  I just couldn't help myself.  I know we are currently featuring this over on ESN, but I didn't know these existed.  I am just fascinated with this Akron Lamp and Mfg gasoline iron.  I can't imagine what it would have been like to iron with this (not that I iron too much anyway).  This great item can be seen at Hazel's HodgePodge.

Wow, the things you find on ESN!  Hope you enjoyed looking at my great finds.  Please check out ESN yourself and find some wonderful memories!  You can also visit my store CAROLINABLUELADY Vintage Collectibles where you will find a lot of vintage!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Neat blog as usual. The iron is before my time or out of my range of experience. I grew up in the city with electricity, but understand gasoline appliances were common in rural areas before the REA got everyone "electrified".
    Thanks for including me.
    I also remember the cowboys and Indians we played so much and grew up with the old time-y bathtub. "Those were the days!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! The tub and shirt really make you think vintage - thanks for including our wall design. I have to admit I've never heard of a gasoline iron before.

    ReplyDelete