Background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Did You Remember To Wear Green?

How could I have forgotten?  I've been reading about the history of St. Patrick and all the symbols associated with St. Patrick like the leprechauns, four-leaf clovers, corned beef and cabbage, the banishing of snakes and green beer.  Just really getting into this St. Patty's Day.  Even yesterday, while I was in Columbia, SC, I was reading about all the St. Patty's Day celebrations that were coming up.  Sounded like so much fun! 

But as I was getting ready for work this morning, St. Patrick was no where to be found.  Listening to the radio on my way in, no mention of St. Patrick until I was pulling into my parking space.  Oh, no!  Looked down at what I had on and not a trace of green.  Drat!  Lucky I found some leftover green Mardi Gras beads to wear. 

At ESN this week, our scavenger hunt is for GREEN to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Here are my green items that I found.........(yes, it does involve table settings)


From Bargain Express I found a cute set of salt and pepper shakers with green leaves.  This made in Japan set is marked Tutti Frutti and also includes a small sugar bowl and tray.  What a fun set to use for your table setting.
Next I found another salt and pepper shaker set from ComycGyrl.  Aren't these just the cutest S&P set?  They are called Kasugaware Love Birds Ceramic Salt and Pepper Shakers.  Beautiful coloring on this set. 
Just couldn't resist this beautiful miniture tea set at Barb's Bargains 
This is a Ceramic Fairy Mini Tea Set with pink, yellow and green flowers.  Although this can only be used for decorative purposes, wouldn't this be fun to use at a "tea party" with your young granddaughter?

Hope you have enjoyed my beautiful and fun "green" items that I found at ESN this week and don't forget to check out some other wonderful items from the eCrater sellers.  I also have some wonderful green items at my store - CAROLINABLUELADY Vintage Collectibles.  I hope your memory was better than mine and you remembered to wear Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment