Background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Hues of Purple

The Scavenger hunt at the eCrater Stores Network this week is Purple - Big and Bright and BoldWow, there are so many hues of purple - the softness of lavender, the sparkling pazzazz of magenta and the regal look of velvety deep rich purple.  Purple not only reflects a color, but it also reflects a mood.  Purple, more than any other color, makes a statement and demands respect.  

Here are my choices of "purple" from the ESN bloggers reflecting the different hues -  

From ComycGyrl, I found this beautiful Federal Moon Glow saucer with gorgeous hues of blues, pinks and lavenders.  Wonderful example of vintage glass from the Federal Glass Company.

Next I found a book from Barb's Bargains - check out the colors on the dust jacket - purple.  Dance Upon The Air by Nora Roberts is a witchy romance story.  Purple reflecting the mysterious and romance.  This would be a great beach book - need to start thinking of what books we want to include in our summer reading.

Barbie didn't come along until after I was out of the "doll" stage although my sister had Barbie dolls and of course, my daughters had Barbie dolls and everything that went with them - why did they always have to cut their hair and remove legs and/or arms.  I didn't really get into Barbies until about 15 years ago when I saw the "Flamingo" Barbie.  She is so pretty.  Anyhow, I was looking at Bargain Express's photos and just look at this beautiful Barbie and her beautiful dress in magenta and purples.  She is just so sparkly and gorgeous.  The Starlight Waltz Barbie from the Ballroom Beauties Collection.  If you are into Barbie, I'm sure you will want to check this one out.

Hope you have enjoyed my "purple" selections and don't forget to check out my eCrater store - CAROLINABLUELADY Vintage Collectibles.  

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your theme blogs. You always choose unique items to showcase and it's apparent that you put a lot of thought into each one. Thanks for including my Barbie - I really appreciate it :D

    ReplyDelete