Background

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Frilly Silly Girly Things Scavenger Hunt

A little late this week, but I had a hard time picking my girly things for the ESN Scavenger Hunt.  You see I love girly things and it seems that all the other ESN scavenger hunters have something that catches my fancy and reminds me of my childhood.  Oh, I loved to climb trees, play softball and play cowboys and Indians, but I loved being a girl.  The pretty dresses with crinolines making them full and fun to twirl while dancing in front of my grandmother's tall mirror.  Listening to the hearttrobs of the '50s & early '60s like Pat Boone, Bobby Rydell, Paul Anka, Frankie Avalon and of course, Elvis and dreaming of falling in love.  Reading young love romance novels.  Secretly writing your name as Mrs. whatever cute boy you were in love with at the time.  Getting your first pair of high heels.  Oh, I know, I could go on and on.  But I'm late with this so here is what I found starting at the top row:  Wilton Barbie Princess Cake Pan from Hazel's HodgePodge   Wouldn't that be fun to decorate!
A beautiful crochet pattern book Red Heart for Victorian Images is being offered itn the ecrater store of Bargain Express.  Now that is a full skirt!
From Comycgyrl, I found Ariel, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White Disney Princess collection heart-shaped plates for a girly party.  Nothing more girly than The Disney girls.  A Nora Roberts romance book - Blue Dahlia from Barb's Bargains.  I do believe she is opening a book store in addition to her Barb's Bargains store.  You might want to check that out when you visit ESN next time.
And, did you ever feel more girly than on Easter - all dress up in your fancy spring dress (yes, possibly with a crinoline), patent leather shoes, gloves, straw hat and purse.  Here is a great T-shirt, My First Easter, for that special baby girl from Embroidery Fashions Boutique.  All of their wearing apparel is custom embroidered.
I just couldn't resist this Girl Definition Vinyl Wall Graphic from T Storm Graphics.  That would just be precious in a little girls room.
Girls love to be pampered and here is a great Gift Basket Bodynature Gift Set that includes Bath Soak, Body Souffle, Body Bar and Body Wash.  Just imagine the smell of vanilla, jasmine and rose.  This is from Eccentric Thrifter.  What a wonderful way to end your day.  It is good being a girl! 

As you can tell there was no way that I could pick just a few.  Hope you enjoyed and please visit my store at Carolinabluelady Vintage Collectibles on eCrater, too. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome girly finds! Enjoyed your post and thank you for including our wall quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to stop by with a title like that! You always have such a neat way of combining the past with the present! Thanks for adding one of my items!
    Wolfie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great blog as usual.
    Thanks for including me.
    Hope to get my "girlie" blog on tonight.

    ReplyDelete