Background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Cows and Seafood

This week's scavenger hunt at ESN is Better Butter!  Thought I'd better hurry up before the other ESN Bloggers get my goodies.  I love butter - none of this fake stuff for me.  I bet one of these days they will find that the real butter is better for you than that other "whose knows what it is" stuff.  At least that is what I am banking on. 

When I think of butter, I think of cows and seafood.  Well, you need cows to make the butter and what better dipping sauce for that shrimp, crab and lobster than that yummy rich golden butter!

Well, I found my cows!  This cute Happy Cow Salt and Pepper Set from Bargain Express is just too hard to pass up.  They look like Guernsey cows and they are particularly known for the rich flavor of their milk   Sounds like good butter making to me. 

Decided I would need an apron - butter and boiling seafood can get a bit messy.  So off to Embroidery Fashions Boutique.  I know she will have a cute apron for me.  And, sure enough, I found this wonderful Pumpkin Pie apron.  I love pumpkin pie.  I know it is for Thanksgiving, but I promise to be really thankful while dipping shrimp, crab and lobster in my melted butter. 

Now to the cookbooks.....  I found  two great cookbooks on seafood. 

The Southern Living The Seafood Cookbook from Eccentric Thrifter looks like it has some great recipes.  Hope you aren't watching your calories, though!  







And how could anyone who loves seafood not grab this cookbook up.  The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook.  Actually, I think I already have this one.  But, you can find a copy for yourself at Your WhatNot Shop

Can't really stand here and talk - need to get busy cleanin' the shrimp.  Happy Eating! 

1 comment:

  1. Seafood in the south is wonderful, Shrimp fresh and juicy, I use my copy of The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook. quite a bit. But I have to hand it to you the COW salt and Pepper are totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete