Background

Monday, July 18, 2011

ESN Scavenger Hunt for State of The Art

Nothing says Art to me like USA-made glassware.  Since the announcement that Fenton Art Glass is going to close their glass manufacturing operation, my "hoarding" tendencies have been in full gear for the past couple of weeks purchasing Fenton glass.  Fenton Art Glass has been in operation since 1905 and they are still under the Fenton family management.  It is not that I am looking for any special pattern or piece, just pieces that I find pretty.  I normally go for the old carnival or the early pattern glass, but there are some very pretty contemporary pieces.  The ruffled vases with the hand-painted florals and so many colors available.  My postman is going to be busy for the next couple of weeks and it is a good thing that my son does not read my blog. 
 
Went hunting for USA-made glass at the ESN blogger's stores and here is what I found
A vintage Fenton Hobnail Milk Glass Ruffled Edge Vase from ComycGyrl.  This is one of Fenton's most popular and recognized patterns that they have been producing for many, many years.

Next, I found a vintage E.O. Brody Grapes Milk Glass Vase from Eccentric Thrifter.  The E.O. Brody Company was founded in 1958 in Cleveland, Ohio.  They owned their own molds, but did not produce their own glass.  Other US glass factories produced the vases but some crystal vases were produced outside the US for them.  Their glassware was for vases and bowls used by the florist industry.  This grape pattern is one of the prettier Brody pieces.

Last but not least, I found this Tiara Ponderosa Pine Salt & Pepper Shakers offered by Bargain Express.  The Tiara collection was made by the Indiana Glass Company located in Dunkirk, Indiana.  This Ponderosa Pine pattern was made around the 1980s until they closed in the late 1990s.  I think it is one of the prettier "Tiara" patterns by the Indiana Glass Company.

Check these and other ESN sellers for other pretty glassware made in the USA.  And, don't forget to check out my store, CAROLINABLUELADY Vintage Collectibles.

Happy Collecting!

1 comment:

  1. You always make your posts so educational and interesting! Thanks for picking my vase (I use one as a pencil holder) to share!

    ReplyDelete