Saturday, November 1, 2014

Where Are The Memories?

When I first started this blog, I was going to include family memories, information about old glass factories and also vintage collectible items that I have for sale at my online stores.  Well, I haven't done a very good job.  There seems to be so many social media sites and there just doesn't seem to be time to engage in all the sites. But, to be honest, it seems that Facebook has simply taken over my life.
There is one thing that I enjoy doing on Facebook and that is on Thursdays, posting an old family picture for TBT (Throw Back Thursday).  I almost missed this past Thursday and my daughter said that I could always post one for Flash Back Fridays.  I thought that was pretty cool and why couldn't I do something for each day of the week if I wanted to.  So, I came up with a title for each day of the week with the help of my daughter for posting old family pictures..

Sunday - Set In Time Sunday (SITS)
Monday - Memory Lane Monday (MLM)
Tuesday - Travelin' Back Tuesday (TBT)
Wednesday - Way Back Wednesday (WBW)
Thursday - Throw Back Thursday (TBT)
Friday - Flash Back Friday (FBF)
Saturday - Sweet Times Gone By Saturday (STGBS)

The picture I chose for today for Sweet Times Gone By Saturday is a picture of my great-grandparents taken in 1900.  The picture is either of their wedding day or engagement.





Ed and Bertha (Northcutt) Weisenauer

Married 12-22-1900






This was the most cherished item that my mother owned.  She kept this picture with her until she died.  To my mother, her grandpa was the sweetest man she ever knew.

John Edward 'Ed' Weisenauer  1881 - 1976
Bertha (Northcutt) Weisenauer 1883 - 1938

No comments:

Post a Comment