Sunday, July 17, 2022

Vintage Clothing - What We Wore Back Then

 
Taffeta Dress with Velvet Collar
Silk Dress

  After almost 14 years, I finally found the   online platform to sell clothes that my   mother and grandmother had saved   throughout their lifetime.  Most from the 50s and 60s - adult dresses and suits and children's school clothes.  

While some were purchased from   department stores, my grandmother, being a dressmaker and seamstress, also made dresses and clothes for her, my mother and us granddaughters.  

Going through these clothes bring back so many memories of our childhood.  I loved watching my grandmother sew and talking with her.  Makes me smile.  

Beige Suit with Beading Trim


Gray Suit with Beading Trim

I opened my closet on Poshmark several months ago - CAROLINABLULADY Vintage Collectibles.   Listing the vintage children's clothes now along with vintage home decor, collectibles and jewelry items.  Not quite ready to start listing the women's dresses and suits yet.  Still admiring them.  




Lots of cool things on Poshmark and the platform is easy to use.  Please visit my closet soon. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment